Parasol, traditionally known as an Umbrella Company, are one of the leading employment outsource providers in the UK and we got here through hard work, dedication, innovation and a compulsion to deliver the very highest level of service.
The position of Accounts Receivable Clerk will involve working alongside the other Accounts Receivable Clerks, to match and reconcile payments received in to the business. This role involves liaising with agencies and Employees if additional information is required, dealing with any queries that arise and chasing for funds where payment is not received.
The role is ideal for a self-starter who is happy to work under pressure, not intimidated by high value transactional processing and has the ability to work to tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will have at least one year’s Accounts Receivable / Sales Ledger experience and have a solid understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- Responsible for Allocating payments within the agreed service level agreements
- Investigating and resolving queries relating to incorrect payment of invoices
- Resolving any account queries/discrepancies both with internal colleagues and 3rd parties
- Chasing of overdue invoices
- Provide adhoc cover and support to Invoicing Assistant role as and when required.
- Support all Team members regarding query resolution.
- Work closely with other areas of the business in order to manage agency and Employee expectations.
- Accuracy and fast data entry skills.
- Previous accounts receivable experience.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Excellent problem solving skills, the ability to think outside the box.
- Experience of effective teamwork, positive attitude and good interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work under some pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience using an accounting package and strong Excel skills.
Perks of the job
We believe wholeheartedly in teamwork, staff development and structured career paths. We also believe in rewarding the hard work of colleagues by offering competitive salaries, training and a range of employee benefits, including:
- Up to 28 days holiday per year
- Childcare vouchers
- Lunch on us, once a month
- Fresh fruit every day
- Free car parking
- Private healthcare
If this sounds like your thing and you tick all of the boxes in the person specification then we’d love to hear from you, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your application is what we’re looking for we’ll get in touch to invite you along to an interview.