For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) the data controller is Parasol Limited of Optionis House, 840 Ibis Court, Centre Park, Warrington, Cheshire WA1 1RL. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Derek Kelly.
Your privacy is extremely important to us so we only use the information you provide about yourself and your company when using this website to answer your enquiry or to help us to improve our service to you. We do not share this information with any third party except to the extent necessary to answer your enquiry if that enquiry requires the involvement of a third party. We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
The information we collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at www.parasolgroup.co.uk (our ‘Website’) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information provided when contacting us in relation to services or completing our enquiry form. This typically includes your name, your organisation’s name, your position, email address, business address and contact telephone number. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Parasol may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, web server statistics, traffic data, location data and details of the web pages and resources that you access.
Our use of IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to analyse aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to user needs;
- to speed up your searches;
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
For more information about cookies (including how to set browsers to reject cookies) please visit the website set up by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (Europe) at www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we protect your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data that you transmit to our site; any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict internal procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We also keep your information confidential. The internal procedures of Parasol cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to access secure areas of our website (such as ‘My Parasol’) when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our services.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email, SMS, post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us.
When we might disclose your data to third parties
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 119 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and other third parties (for example, HMRC) for the performance of the services agreed to be provided to you or to provide information requested by you or where such third parties or suppliers are engaged to provide services directly to Parasol;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Parasol or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Parasol, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Google Analytics Demographics and Interest reporting
Parasol uses Google Analytics’s 1st party cookies with DoubleClick’s 3rd party cookies together to provide additional information on demographics and interests in our Google Analytics reporting.
The Act gives you the right to access information that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with the requested information.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our clients and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to such websites.